Subject: xsp2:ID and comp:ID

> > Does this mean that I cannot use facets  to those "aliased" datatypes?
>
> A good question. I think we should say the following.  If you use the RELAX
> NG compatibility datatypes library, then you cannot use facets; if you use
> the XML Schema datatypes library, you can use whatever facets XML Schema
> allows.  The XML Schema datatypes are only aliases of the compatibility
> datatypes as far as the compatibility processor is concerned, and the facets
> are irrelevant to the compatibility processor.

To sum up, I can always use facets to xsd:ID type and they are honored
no matter whether the processor supports compatibility datatype or not.
Am I Right?  If so, I'm happy with the outcome.

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds inconsistent to me. It says that
xsd:ID is an alias to comp:ID but actually they differ in parameters.
That's not what we usually mean by "alias", isn't it.

It sounds more like we have an optional special cross-reference
semantics, which is applicable to some types (xsd:ID and comp:ID), and
we have a class of RNG processors that supports this semantics, which we
call the compatibility processors.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com