Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

Such a *compatability* facility will no doubt be useful by some, but I don't think there is a reason to get overwrought about it either. I mean, there is no need to support all the functionality of a DOCTYPE declaration, such as identifying a document element or recognizing PUBLIC identifiers, is there? Also I don't suppose we need to support or prohibit RDDL either. How about just a simple way to point to where a schema is, and if implementers want to get fancier than that, we need not stand in their way.

Just rummaging around as usual,

Mike