Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Re: MinOccurs in RELAX

Norman,

I too need to investigate this!

Does anyone have a good URL?

Martin Roberts from BT is using schematron on validation for
just XML and DTD and was talking to me about this last week
in our eBTWG meetings in San Francisco.

Seems like if we all like this approach - we can add some kind
of addendum to the RELAX to suggest how these work together?

I hate inventing for the sake of it when something good already
exists that compliments and enhances.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Norman Walsh

/ Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com> was heard to say:
| > But in the case where I'm doing OrderBook.specialOffer I want to
| > have something like :
| >
| >  if (offerCode = "Promo") then MaxItemLimit = 3;
|
| > I'm not sure here how far we want to have direct mechanisms
| > in RELAX to support these things too??
|
| Did somebody say Schematron?
|
| This can be very nicely represented in Schematron. So combining it with
| RELAX NG seems like a good approach to me.

I'm starting to like this idea too. I'm already using Schematron
experimentally to catch things that I can't otherwise test. (Like
forcing glossterm links to only point to glossentrys and forbidding
nested footnotes. (Some of these I can express in RELAX NG, but I started
the Schematron experimentation when I was still relying on DTDs))

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm
<