Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Possible areas for future work

James Clark wrote:
> In order to start the discussion of what we might as a committee work on
> next, here is a list of things off the top of my head that we might
> conceivably address (note that I'm not necessarily advocating any of these):

It might be worth developing all what can make RELAX NG (more)
interoperable with W3C XML Schema based applications (such as XForms,
XPath2.0/XSLT2.0/XQuery, Dom Level 3, a possible future version of SAX
dealing with schemas, ...). I know how much RELAX NG is different from
WXS, but if WXS is becoming part of core XML as the W3C would like it to
be, we need to be able to provide some kind of interoperability between
those two schema languages.

One of the facets of this issue are APIs and there are a number of APIs
around schema languages, such as:

1) PSVI: although RELAX NG doesn't provide a heavyweight PSVI, it can
associate datatypes to elements and attributes and it could be useful to
send this info (and maybe the non RELAX NG elements which can be
embedded in RELAX NG schemas) to applications.

2) Guided edition: if DOM Level 3 AS isn't adequate, it could be useful
to provide an alternative. It it can be adequate but requires
modifications, it could be useful to send feedback.

3) Schema parsing (maybe around what MSV as implemented).

Just some thoughts.

Eric
--
See you in Seattle.