Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Agenda for RELAX NG telcon 20 June 2002

> BTW, is "empty" semantically equivalent to "token ''"?

No.

  empty, element foo { empty }

is equivalent to

  element foo { empty }

whereas

  token '', element foo { empty }

is illegal.  However,

  element foo { empty }

will (I think) match the same things as

  element foo { token '' }

 > 9.  I would like to see a keyword "extension QName { (patterns) }
> which compiles to <QName>patterns</QName>.  This would be used for
annotations
> that are functionally patterns.

Can you give an example of an annotation that is functionally a pattern and
how such an annotation would be used?

Where do you propose allowing this?  If it's allowed anywhere that a pattern
is allowed, then the problem is that

  extension QName { ... }*

would be legal, but

  <zeroOrMore><QName>...</QName></zeroOrMore>

isn't.