Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Re: John Cowan's regex for RNG proposal, version 0.3

Kohsuke Kawaguchi scripsit:

> Is there any way to layer this regex on top of RELAX NG? It seems to me
> that this is too complicated for tools like RelaxNGCC.

It was intended to be incorporated into RNG 2.0, when we get around to
it, possibly as an optional module.  The advantage of doing so, rather
than making it an extension, is modularity: a regex is a pattern and so
can be bound as a local definition, making it possible to build them up
out of pieces.  This is not possible either with the current XSD pattern
param nor with the use of regexes as extensions.

--
John Cowan                                   jcowan@reutershealth.com
        "You need a change: try Canada"  "You need a change: try China"