rights-requirements message

Subject: RE: [rights-requirements] HIPAA, HL7 and general questions

Here's my perspective:

1. The requirements process is open ended. It is simply not the case
that new requirement documents cannot be accepted after Aug 28th. It is
not clear to me how people have ended up with that impression.

2. The requirements process has resulted in a pretty versatile framework
for accepting new requirements. This framework has demonstrated
integrity by accommodating several different classes of requirements.
Incorporating new requirements is much more streamlined and systematic;
without such a process we would be lost and unable to classify new
requirements as they come in.

3. I completely disagree that the work here is bizarre. I have been on
other rights languages requirements gathering efforts and this is by far
the most organized effort, and has established a systematic process to
assimilate and incorporate new requirements. I am very optimistic that
this process will lead to a comprehensive survey of the requirements
landscape.

Thanks
--Parama