Subject: [rights] FW: Copyright Office Seeking Company Demonstrations for DRMStudy

Title: Message
Following may be of interest to those of you whose organizations are members of SIIA (Software and Information Industry Association) -

Separately, I regret that I will not be able to make it down to Bethesda for tomorrow's meeting but am interested to participate going forward.

Regards to all,

Zack

Zachary Coffin
ザッカリー コッフィン
XBRL International Steering Committee
zpc1@columbia.edu

KPMG Global XBRL Leader
355 South Grand Avenue, Suite 2000
Los Angeles, CA 90071-1568  USA
Tel: +1-213-955-8508 * Fax: +1-213-630-5196
Email: zcoffin@kpmg.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Emily Pilk [mailto:epilk@siia.net]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:47 PM
To: 'zcoffin@kpmg.com'

The Copyright Office has asked SIIA if we have any member companies that are interested in presenting their technologies to the Copyright Office experts. The Copyright Office personnel expect to be on the West Coast (LA, San Francisco and Seattle) the last week of June and (potentially) in New York sometime shortly thereafter for the purposes of hearing from DRM companies and conducting their examination of DRM technologies.

In preparation for an upcoming study and report mandated by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the Copyright Office needs to know what DRM technologies are available today, what these technologies do, how they work, how they are being used today to protect copyrighted content, etc..

If you are interested in participating in this opportunity  please contact Keith Kupferschmid at keithk@siia.net or Emily Pilk at epilk@siia.net by May 31st (please indicate whether you have a preference to participate in NY or on the West Coast).  If you have any questions about the study or this opportunity, please contact Keith at above e-mail or by phone at (202) 789-4442.