Subject: [rights] Personal notes from the Security JC meeting

Title: Personal notes from the Security JC meeting

Hello All:
Here are my personal notes of the Security JC call. I will forward the final minutes when they become available.

Regards,
Hari

Attendees:

Karl Best, OASIS
Carlisle Adams, XACML
Phil Griffin, SJC Chair, XCBF
Hal Lockhart, XACML
Joe Pato, SAML
Hari Reddy, RLTC
Darran Rolls, PSTC

There was another person presenting XCBF (I didn't get her name).

Agenda:

1. Meeting start

2. Introductions

3. Appoint secretary to take meeting minutes

Darran Rolls

4. Approve proposed agenda

Requested that Karl be allowed time to speak during item 9 on the definition of a JC as there is a great deal of confusion regarding this.

5. Discuss SJC meeting schedule:
   - Next meeting date, time, host.
   - Regular or irregular meeting schedule?
   - Volunteers to host?

Meeting will be every other week on Thursdays until the JC figures out its mission. The next meeting is on 5-26 to accommodate peoples schedules.

6. Discuss allowing any OASIS TC which relies on security
   to join the SJC as an observers.
   - Two contacts making this request already

Membership voted to delay in allowing others to join until the JC understands its purpose.
I requested clarification on the voting procedures. It was decided that each member TC would have only 1 vote. Karl pointed out, as this body is not going to make any decisions, that this may not really be an issue.

7. Call for members to possibly speak at the MoU/MG BOS/XML
   Summit in Paris in December 2-3.
   - Web services?
   - Privacy?
   - www.rd.francetelecom.fr/fr/implantations/plan_issy.php

8. Review and acceptance of IPR; other issues?

Since this is an information sharing forum, Karl Best pointed out that it would be extremely rare that this JC would produce anything that would have any IP related to it.

9. Discuss SJC purpose and charter:
    - Proposals discussed and balloted by email?

Karl reiterated his message to the RLTC that the JC is an information sharing body and does not have any directive role over any TC. Several others including the Chair raised concerns of this JC deviating from this OASIS guideline; they joined this JC as an information sharing forum and do not feel comfortable with making any decisions that would impact their respective TCs in any way. The notion of a potential security roadmap was brought up. Karl addressed his concern to this stating that this could be implied as being directive.

Discussions on the SJC purpose and charter will continue on the email and reviewed again at the next meeting.

10. Adjourn