Subject: [rights] DREL Workshops

Title: DREL Workshops

Folks,

I mentioned on the Requiremetns SC concacll today that I was attending a workshop about a rights language for the learning technology domain.  There are two workshops planned so far the first is June 20th in Kirkland Wash. in conjunction with the IEEE meeting there.  The secind workshop is planned for July 4th in Brussels in conjunction with CEN/ISSS meetings.  IEEE and CEN/ISSS are co-sponsors for these workshops. For more info : http://ltsc.ieee.org/meeting/200206/admin/DREL_agenda.html

One of the two major tasks of these workshops is to collect requirements for a Digital Rights Expression Language "to support learning and learning content delivered and managed using learning technology" Certainly one of the requests I will be making is that they should work with the RLTC to collect requirements and feed them to the TC.

I will be making a presentation about what we are doing in the RLTC and what ContentGuard has beeen doing over the past two years in the standards arena with XrML.  The presentation I will give will be very similar to the presentation I gave at the first RLTC meeting.  Certainly one of the requests I will be making is that they should work with the RLTC to collect requirements and feed them to the TC.  The only thing I will not spend much time on is MPEG.  That is because Martha Nalebuf will be making a presentation on this topic specifically.

Brad