Subject: RE: [rights] Request for Agenda Item on Rights Concall Wed October 2

At 6:30 PM -0700 10/2/02, M. Paramasivam wrote:
"While in general I find the intent and the spirit of the motion
agreeable, I would have liked to discuss some of the specifics.

"First, I am inclined to think that a seven day period is a bit too long.

"I am also not clear about what a major issue might be. "

--------------

Could you or other people on the list suggest what amendments or
changes they might want in the language of the Fair Voting rule? I
think constructive suggestions for language changes would be the
right approach.

-------------------

Parami also writes:

"However, the (attempted) voting today to usher in the Fair Vote
Procedure itself almost violated (in spirit) all of its procedures.

"Please don't bother rationalizing or justifying it; I do understand.
If you don't get a chuckle out of it, just ignore this postscript."

---------

I believe the call for a vote today was *entirely in the same spirit*
as the after-hours vote to foreclose consideration of any
requirements that were not pre-approved at somebody's corporate
headquarters.  Please don't bother saying it wasn't -- I do
understand.

--Mike

"I speak the password primeval .... I give the sign of democracy ...."
            --Walt Whitman
Mike Godwin can be reached by phone at 202-637-9800
His book, CYBER RIGHTS, can be ordered at
	http://www.panix.com/~mnemonic .