s-ramp message

Subject: Agenda item for next meeting: targetNamespace in xsdmodel.xsd

Everyone,

I think we're missing a 'targetNamespace' attribute on the xsd document complex type in xsdmodel.xsd. Currently we have:

  <xsd:complexType name="XsdDocument">
    <xsd:complexContent>
      <xsd:extension base="s-ramp:XmlDocument">
        <xsd:sequence>
          <xsd:element name="importedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
          <xsd:element name="includedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
          <xsd:element name="redefinedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        </xsd:sequence>
      </xsd:extension>
    </xsd:complexContent>
  </xsd:complexType>

I propose we change the above to be this:

  <xsd:complexType name="XsdDocument">
    <xsd:complexContent>
      <xsd:extension base="s-ramp:XmlDocument">
        <xsd:sequence>
          <xsd:element name="importedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
          <xsd:element name="includedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
          <xsd:element name="redefinedXsds"
                       type="s-ramp:xsdDocumentTarget"
                       minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        </xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:attribute name="targetNamespace" type="xsd:anyURI"
                       use="optional"/>
      </xsd:extension>
    </xsd:complexContent>
  </xsd:complexType>

Note the addition of the 'targetNamespace" attribute. We already have this on the WsdlDocument complexType - I think it's equally important (if not more important) to have this attribute on the XsdDocument as well.

-Eric