sam message

Subject: Re: [sam] comments on TSS v1.0

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 11:19âAM Stefan Hagen <stefan@hagen.link> wrote:
Hi Michael,

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023, at 15:00, Michael Markowitz wrote:

Hi, folks. Jonathan Schulze-Hewett (ISC VP R&D, whom some of you know) brought the TSS v1.0 spec to my attention two weeks ago and suggested we implement it as a char 2 complement to our existing TSS/GF(p) code (where p is the characteristic of the field over which NIST P-384 is defined). Jonâs idea caught my attention -- Iâve always been a fan of SSS -- but digging into the spec last week and banging out an implementation led me to the discovery of many inaccuracies, incorrect statements, and what I think are important omissions.

After a brief plunge into the TC email archive and meeting notes, I have come to realize there hasnât been much activity on this project for over a year, so Iâm not at all sure Iâm reaching out to a receptive audience. In any case -- and for what itâs worth -- my comments are attached. (I just joined the TC, couldnât find a wiki, and so figured posting here was the way to go. Please point me elsewhere if I got this wrong! But be kind. ð)

Thanks for looking at thisâ and a big thanks in advance for pointing out any mistakes Iâve made or providing explanations for anything with which Iâve wrongly taken issue.

Regards,

Michael

Â[...]

Attachments:
  • Comments on SAM TSS v1.pdf

as you are a member of the TC, it should be OK to post comments here on this list.
Yes, that is the right place to put your comments and feedback.ÂÂ

Public comments have to come in via the dedicated comments mailing list of this TC
to stay clear from IPR issues.
In other words, people who are not members of the TC use that listÂ

@chet: Please correct any process errors I introduced with these two statements above. Thanks.
Nope. Spot on...Â

Welcome to the TC. The minutes of committee meetings are terse (in a good way I think).
As this TC usually meets during Australian office times I rarely participate but as
the formal secretary you can always ask me or the chairs procedural questions.

I am sure that the feedback will be considered during one of the following meetings of the TC
or per a discussion on this mailing list.

Welcome again to the OASIS SAM TC.

Personally I am more than happy, when implementers join, as this gives our specs
more hardness and ensures they are actionable.

Best,
Stefan

Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
write: stefan@hagen.link

--

ChetÂEnsign

Chief Technical Community Steward