saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Promised Participant Spreadsheet

Ken,

Sorry to concern you. As Hal said, all producers (src) are also consumers (dest) and will hopefully soon be sharing a description of what kind of application they will be bringing to do the consuming! :-) Just an oversight on my part. New spreadsheet attached.

I can't speak to the ability of others to act as PEPs and consume authz assertions. I can just say that Sun has no plans to get this done in time for the demo.

Don;

Ken Yagen wrote:

 Don,This chart concerns me. It looks rather one sided. From the call, I was under the assumption that each vendor was going to provide a portal and content provider and thus be both a producer (src) and consumer (dest) of assertions for the browser artifact profile. However, most of the vendors are listed as just producers (src).Regarding authorization, I feel that since the number of participants are small, we need to be both PDP and PEPs. We are prepared to do that. However, a better solution would be if the portal or content providers could act as PEP's as well and consume authz assertions even if they are not prepared to produce them.

Ken Yagen
Director, Software Development
CrossLogix, Inc
www.crosslogix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Bowen [mailto:don.bowen@sun.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 9:47 AM
To: Hal Lockhart
Cc: saml-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
 Hal,

Good suggestion. Here is the new spreadsheet. Please let me know if something needs changed. And if anyone knows how to fix the grid lines I could use help. I've tried borders under formatting, but it didn't help.

I did this right away, but got more info from my people and also found out that Cisco is definitely not going to participate.

Don;

Hal Lockhart wrote:

It might be worth adding a column to indicate browser/artifact source (portal) vs. destination (application). There is an analogous distinction between Producer (PDP) and Consumer (PEP) for the AuthZDecAssn as well.

According to my notes, Crosslogix, Quadrisis, Sigaba and Systinet plan to be Destination only. Baltimore, Entegrity, Netegrity, Oblix, RSA, Sun and Tivoli plan to implement both Source and Destination. Cisco, Novell and Verisign are uncertain or unknown.

With respect to AuthZDecAssn, I am under the impression that Crosslogix and Sun intend to be both Producer and Consumer (is this correct?) whereas at Entegrity, while we are integrating a Producer into our product, our consumer will be in the nature of a test frame and we will probably not publically demonstrate it.

The reason for capturing this detail at this early date, is that it directly impacts the size to the test matrix and thus the amount of time required for testing.

Hal