saml-dev message

Subject: RE: [saml-dev] [Fwd: RE: URGENT: PARTICIPANTS MUST READ]

Hi Don - The assumption of 1 monitor/1 CPU per vendor doesn't match with the
vendor input in the spreadsheet and other messages.

We'll be fine with a single monitor, but we'll definitely need room and
power for multiple systems (laptops in our case).  I guess we could place
the laptops under the table and connect them to the keyboard/monitor/mouse
on the table as long as we bring along a KVM switch.  Our KVM switch may
also require power (depends on the model I can dig up).

We really can't make everything run on a single system.  Our laptops aren't
powerful enough.

RSA is also bringing along an extra laptop for running the DNS server for
the group.  I assume we can place this with the network switch, so it
doesn't need to be with our vendor equipment.

It appears that every vendor needs to bring network cables up to 100 feet in
length in order to reach from one end of the room to the network switch at
the back of the room. Obviously this depends on their position along the
vendor wall.  It would perhaps be more workable if the switch could be
placed in the middle of the vendor wall, which would limit the cables to 40+
feet max.  Is this feasible?

We could reduce the number of long cables needed further if we had a few
8-port hubs to place along the vendor wall with uplink cables to the switch.

Thoughts?

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security