saml-dev message

Subject: Re: new to OpenSAML

Hello Prasad,

Prasad Shenoy a écrit :

>Have you looked at SAML Technical Overview ? The document gives a
>clear picture of the profiles and also some use cases I guess....
>
>--Prasad.

Well, in fact I hadn't read the technical overview, that is now done.
But it doesn't exactly answer me.

In the Browser/Artifact Profile, I can read the following :
"The www.xyz.com Artifact Receiver will send a SAML request to the
www.abc.com SAML
responder containing the artifact supplied by the Inter-site Transfer
Service of www.abc.com."

Ok, but which SAML request is used here ? Which SAML attribute is used
to give the artifact ?

I have another problem. If someone steals the artifact of someone else,
I don't find any reason for
him not to be able to send it to the destination web site, and then to
access unauthorized ressource.
The technical overview recommend to use digital signature. This means
(as I understand it) that
I have to build a complete PKI.
So as I understand the thing, if I want to build a SSO architecture with
login/password authentication,
I have to set up a PKI. Am I the only one to find it strange ? (I have
to say that I am not used to
digital signature and PKI, so I may be wrong, and I hope I am)

Thank you for your help

François