saml-dev message

Subject: Re: [saml-dev] SAML2.0 implementations

Tom Scavo wrote:
> That's why I'm keen on classifying Eve's list...if there are
> (open-source) SAML V2.0 toolkits and/or implementations of the SAML
> V2.0 browser profiles, that would good to know!

Okay, so here's a start, just to get the protocols and versions
down.  I'm not a developer, so I'm hesitant to do any further
qualification of the "type" of each one, so could use some help
here.  Note that this is information that will tend to go stale quickly!

http://OpenSSO.dev.java.net (Sun) - Java, "Lightbulb" PHP subproject
- Current coverage:
   ID-FF V1.1, 1.2
   ID-WSF V1.0, 1.1
   SAML V1.0, 1.1, 2.0
- Planned coverage:
   ID-WSF V2.0
   WS-Fed Passive
   WS-I BSP
   OpenID discovery and metadata (underway)

http://www.OpenSAML.org (Internet2) - Java, C++
- Current coverage:
   SAML V1.0, 1.1
- Planned coverage:
   SAML V2.0

http://www.SourceID.org (Ping Identity) - Java, .NET, Apache
- Current coverage:
   SAML V1.1
   ID-FF V1.1, 1.2
   WS-Fed

http://LaSSO.Entrouvert.org (Entrouvert) - C
- Current coverage:
   ID-FF V1.2
- Planned coverage:
   ID-WSF (version?) underway
   SAML V2.0 underway

http://ZXID.org (Symlabs) - C, scripty wrappers
- Coverage:
   SAML V2.0 (98%)
   SAML V1.1 (60% of assertion consumer)
   ID-FF 1.2 (62% of SP)
   WS-Fed Basic Profile (what's that?) (40% of assertion consumer)
   ID-WSF V1.1 (40%)
   ID-WSF V2.0 (45%)

http://www.cahillfamily.com/OpenSource/ - C
- Current coverage:
   ID-WSF V1.0, 2.0

--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com