sca-assembly-testing message

Subject: Re: [sca-assembly-testing] Assembly TestCases Complete and ready for Review

I've started reviewing the test cases (I'm through Sections 4 & 5). and I have a couple of questions.

ASM14002 states that a runtime SHOULD prevent deployment of a contribution that contains statically detected errors.  There are a number of test cases that contain statically detectable errors, but are in the main contribution.  Examples include Text cases 4002-4004, and 5004-5006 (I have a full list of the ones in sections 4 & 5 I believe are included in this category if desired).  Do these need to be restructured into separate contributions?

Why is test case 5031 a negative test?  The description suggests it should execute successfully.

I'm sure I will have more questions as I continue my review, but I wanted to get these on the table.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

05/08/2009 07:17 AM

"OASIS Assembly" <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>, "OASIS Test " <sca-assembly-testing@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
[sca-assembly-testing] Assembly TestCases Complete and ready for Review

Folks,

The TestCases for the SCA Assembly spec are now complete and are ready for review.

You can find the TestCases document here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/32453/SCA_Assembly_TestCases_21.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/32455/SCA_Assembly_TestCases_21.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/32454/SCA_Assembly_TestCases_21.doc

and the Test Case artifacts are held in the OASIS SVN repository here:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/sca-assembly/TestCases/#_TestCases_

You can find the TestAssertions document here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/31915/SCA_Assembly_Test_Assertions_16.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/31914/SCA_Assembly_Test_Assertions_16.doc

A reminder of the schedule for review and approval of the TestAssertions and the TestCases for the Assembly spec:

Schedule
TestAssertions document is already complete.
TestCases document (and Test Cases) complete May 1
Subcommittee Review May 1 - May 12
Subcommittee Vote - May 13
Assembly TC review May 1 - May 26
Assembly TC vote - May 26

We are a little late on the completion of the TestCases - if anyone thinks that the overall schedule needs changing, please post to the list.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: