Subject: RE: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 2 - Callback support over the Web Service binding

Peter,
I think there are two separate issues here.

1. Dynamic callbacks to a different target (not the original caller) that
may use a different binding or different intents.  This is ASSEMBLY-4 and
should be discussed on the sca-assembly list.

2. A callback to the original statically wired caller that may use a
different binding from the forward binding.  This was the case I was
discussing in my message.  The description of ASSEMBLY-4 does not seem to
include this case.  Perhaps I should raise a new ASSEMBLY issue for this.
I'm copying the sca-assembly list for input on whether it should be
included under ASSEMBLY-4 or become a new issue.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

"Peshev, Peter" <peter.peshev@sap.com>
16/10/2007 09:25

Simon Nash/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "Anish Karmarkar" <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
cc
<sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 2 - Callback support over the Web Service binding

Hi Simon,

The support of dynamic callbacks and different bindings is now ASSEMBLY
issue #4. Maybe the general discussion for the two bindings and the
dynamic callbacks can be shifted there.

What is relevant for that issue is that the WS-Addressing mapping seems
to be only part of the problem about the dynamic callback support.

If it is still allowed to have dynamic callbacks, that would mean that
each single call should carry enough information as to how exactly the
callback can be made. Besides finding the endpoint to call, that also
brings the question how to transport the metadata about the new dynamic
wire that has just appeared. For example if the callback is set via API
to be a call to service of another component that has configured some
authentication, transaction, confidentiality,  etc. intents, then
probably those intents also must be carried over the call so that the
component can behave accordingly prior to making the callback.

Just my two cents

Best Regards
Peter