Subject: Re: Another reported schema issues, this time for sca-binding-sca.xsd

Mike Edwards called my attention to Issue 30 at

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-30

issue 30 covers the schema problem under the discussion point below

Problem 1: Schema for the SCA Binding repeats the <operation/> elements which are present in the
base sca:binding type which it extends. It also repeats the attributes of the base type.
This is incorrect, pure & simple. Extension types should not repeat elements or attributes in the base type.

So I apologize for repeating what was already covered in the issue 30 details in

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200712/msg00017.html

The proposed resolution (use derivation by extension and remove the redundancies) would be fine with me.