Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] Issue 101: Complete the Conformance Section - Comment/Corrections for latest Proposal (V3)

I would just like to remind folks of our resolution to Issue-11:

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-11

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200801/msg00025.html

From: Martin Chapman [mailto:martin.chapman@oracle.com]
Sent: 03 March 2009 14:27
To: 'Mike Edwards'; 'OASIS Assembly'

Comments inline:

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: 03 March 2009 14:15
To: 'OASIS Assembly'

Martin,

Some comments and corrections on the latest proposal:

<without prejudice to my view that documents should not be conformance points  ;-) >

1) SCA Definitions document:

The current proposal text does not require that the definitions document have a <definitions/> element as its root.  I think that it should.

Revised text:

SCA Definitions Document:

An SCA Definitions Document is a file that MUST have an SCA <definitions/> element as its root and

MUST conform to the sca-definition-1.1.xsd schema and MUST comply with the additional constraints

on the document contents as defined in Appendix C.

[<MartinC>] Actually I don’t think you can conform to the schema without definitions as root, but ive no problem being explicit.

2) SCA Interoperable Packaging Document

Again, I ask where this terminology comes from.  It is not in the current specification. "Interoperable" gives the wrong
impression about this format - it implies that it is being sent via some kind of interoperable service.

[<MartinC>] I got this from line 3617(pdf) “SCA defines an interoperable packaging format for contributions (ZIP),”

[<MartinC>]I think we need a term to suggest universal support is required/expected

I suggest the name "SCA Contribution Packaging using ZIP Document"
( alternatively just "SCA Contribution Packaging Document" )

I also recommend that the text is changed as follows:

SCA Contribution Packaging using ZIP Document:

An SCA Contribution Packaging using ZIP document is a ZIP file containing a contribution made up of SCA Documents and/or other artifacts.

The ZIP file MAY contain a top-level "META-INF" directory, and MAY contain a  "META-INF/sca-contribution.xml" file,

and MAY contain a "META-INF/sca-contribution-generated.xml" file.

3) SCA Runtime Bindings requirement

I am not convinced that the final sentence of bullet 4 adds anything -

" Other OpenCSA Member Section adopted bindings MAY also be supported."

I suggest removing this.

[<MartinC>]I agree

"Martin Chapman" <martin.chapman@oracle.com>

"'OASIS Assembly'" <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>

02/03/2009 19:41

RE: [sca-assembly] Issue 101: Complete the Conformance Section - Comments on Proposal

3rd attempt based on today's con call and  comments on email.

WORD:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/31486/sca-assembly-1%5B1%5D.1-spec-cd02-Rev5%20-%20ISSUE%2010
1%20v3.doc

PDF: