Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Inconsistent use of ##other vs. ##any

Folks,

The Assembly TC took a decision some time ago that all extension elements and attributes should come from any namespace
other than the SCA namespace - ie ##other should be used rather than ##any.  This was decided by the resolution of ASSEMBLY-23

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-23

There is one exception in the Assembly XSDs - the definition of the SCAPropertyBase type is special in that it can contain literally
anything for the type of a property - so this is ##any.

However, you rightly point out that the Assembly XSDs contain some other ##any declarations and these are in error.  I will raise
an issue to get these changed.  Similar issues should be raised in other TCs for similar occurrances of ##any.

From: David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>
To: sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 27/03/2009 17:40
Subject: [sca-assembly] Inconsistent use of ##other vs. ##any

On the Java TC call today, Anish remembered that there was a decision made that our schemas would use the ##other namespace on extensibility elements. I happened to be modifying one of the java schemas today to apply a issue resolution and noticed that there's a mix of ##any and ##other across the board...seemingly across all TCs.

Can someone confirm that ##other was chosen for all uses of <any> and <anyAttribute> in our schemas? If so, we'll have to get some issues opened across the TCs.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com