Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] A few questions on the SCA proprty values

Raymond,

From: Raymond Feng <rfeng@us.ibm.com>
To: sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 03/08/2009 22:24

Hi,

I have a few questions on the SCA property values.

1. Is a) a valid property definition in the composite file? If I understand the text in Assembly spec line 991 (As a value, supplied as the content of the property element.), it should be valid.

a) <property name="prop1" type="xsd:string">ABC</property>

<mje>Yes, this is valid.  It was discussed in a recent Assembly meeting when considering a related Issue resolution</mje>

Please note that prop1 is a string property and the value "ABC" is the direct text under <property>. I understand that it can be expressed in two other variants:

b) <property name="prop1" type="xsd:string" value="ABC"/>

c) <property name="prop1" type="xsd:string">

       <value>ANC</value>

</property>

<mje>Yes, these are valid</mje>

3. If the property value is specified using @file, for example,

<property name="prop1" file="prop1.txt"/>

How should the content of "prop1.txt" be used? As the textural inclusion or XML inclusion? Please note if the "prop1" can have many values (@many="true"), we need to define multiple instances of the property value in "prop1.txt". In such cases, the content cannot be a well-formed XML document as there is no single root element.

<mje>It is textural inclusion, but the spec does not say so, and so the spec could well do with clarification</mje>

Two examples are listed below:

a) Single value:

<value xmlns="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903">ABC</value>

b) Multiple values:

<value xmlns="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903">1</value>
<value xmlns="
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903">2</value>

<mje>These are valid</mje>

Thanks,

Raymond

Raymond Feng
Senior Software Engineer, Apache Tuscany PMC Member & Committer
IBM Bay Area Lab, 1001 E Hillsdale Blvd, Suite 400, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
E-mail
:
rfeng@us.ibm.com, Notes: Raymond Feng/Burlingame/IBM, Tel: 650-645-8117, T/L: 367-8117
Apache Tuscany