Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] My action items: 2010-09-22-1, 2010-09-22-2

Follow up...

Here's a sketch of a proposal (but not inlined as document changes) for resolving ASSEMBLY-235, based on the email below for action 09-22-01.  This is intended to generate discussion,

Replace section 6.2.1 #6 (lines 3421-3428 in 1.2-WD01), which currently reads:
" for checking the compatibility of 2 remotable interfaces which are in different interface languages, both are mapped to WSDL 1.1 (if not already WSDL 1.1) and compatibility checking is done between the WSDL 1.1 mapped interfaces.

"For checking the compatibility of 2 local interfaces which are in different interface languages, the method of checking compatibility is defined by the specifications which define those interface types, which must define mapping rules for the 2 interface types concerned"

To this:
"for checking the compatibility of two interfaces, whether local or remotable, the two interface descriptions are mapped onto a common interface description language, and the interfaces are compared on the basis of the semantics of that common interface description language."

Or, for more explanatory text:
"for checking the compatibility of two interfaces, whether local or remotable, the two interface descriptions are mapped onto a common interface description language, and the interfaces are compared on the basis of the semantics of that common interface description language.  For example, interfaces sharing the same description language can be compared directly, whereas two interfaces in different description languages that can both be mapped to WSDL 1.1 might use that mapping."

Of course, if we agree to the general pattern, a similar pattern must be applied to 6.2.2 #6, and 6.2.3 #6.

-Eric.