Subject: Fw: [sca-assembly] [Issue 251] Some early thoughts

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 146, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)
e-mail: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Mike Edwards/UK/IBM on 14/12/2010 13:56 -----
From: Mike Edwards/UK/IBM
To: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Date: 14/12/2010 09:08
Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [Issue 251] Some early thoughts

Anish,

Thanks for these thoughts.

I started with the position which I think you express below - namely that cardinality has no place in the Event Processing
world and is nominally 0..n in all cases.

The reason that this issue got raised was some discussion during the F2F, which has indeed re-emerged on the 227
discussion list, that some folk think that there is a reason to limit the number of places that a producer and/or a consumer
and/or a "prosumer" can be connected to.

I actually don't agree with this.  I think that limiting the cardinality which can apply to any of these things does not serve the
needs of anyone - least of all the Assembler.  I have not seen any usecases for which a limitation actually adds anything.

As a result, my position is that we can Close with No Action on this issue, leaving the cardinality as 0..n as it is today.