Subject: Issue 250 - autowire

Eric

I don't think that the fact that something has been defined for service/references necessarily means we have to have it for events. We already have indirection between the event producers and consumers via channels, so I would like to explore what the problem is with channels.

In your description of 250, you indicate that some sort of scoping mechanism is required, to avoid a complete free for all - but isn't that just what channels are intended for? If you want free exchange of events between any producer and consumer you just attach them to a global channel - for example the default domain channel which is provided for exactly this purpose. If you want to restrict the scope to the local composite, you attach them to a local channel.

Is the issue here that you see a need for scopes somewhere in between these two extremes?  This, incidentally, is something I think also underlies the 227 question.

Regards

Peter Niblett
IBM Senior Technical Staff Member
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology