Subject: Fw: request for "statement of use" for test assertions

Folks,

I am forwarding this email to the Assembly TC mailing list since Jacques' original version did not seem
to make it to the list.

I think that the Assembly TC as a group should make a decision about this request.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 146, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)
e-mail: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

----- Forwarded by Mike Edwards/UK/IBM on 09/02/2011 10:42 -----
From: Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com>
To: Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "eric.wells@hitachisoftware.com" <eric.wells@hitachisoftware.com>
Cc: "sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org" <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 09/02/2011 00:49

Mike, Eric:
Sending this to you as editors of the Test Assertions document for SCA Assembly, but might require an approval from the TC itself:
In the OASIS TAG (Test Assertions Guidelines) TC we are in the process of standardizing the Test Assertion model and markup.
As we are in the process of gathering “statements of use” from  at least 3 organizational members of OASIS, we’d like to ask you for one.
You have been using the “TA model” so far when writing your test assertions (not the “markup”), see link on our page :
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=tag
NOTE: even if your TA work was based on the “test assertions guidelines” only, you can make a statement for the “TA model” as the guidelines is a guide for model users – but of course you may want to check the “model” by yourself.
The kind of statement we are after is:

"We ...(company or org name)... have used successfully the test assertions model from the OASIS TAG, specified in the Committee Specification 01 titled:  "Test Assertions Part 1 - Test Assertions Model Version 1.0", approved on November 29, 2010.  We have used the test assertions model for writing a set of test assertions for SCA Assembly TC  (i.e. implementation of class 2 of the test assertion model).”

IMPORTANT: after verification with the TC admin, such statements MUST be issued by a member organization – not a TC – so assuming the TC agrees it has actually used the TAG model successfully for its TA work, in the end we’d need editor(s) to make the statement on behalf of his/their company.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jacques D.
Fujitsu,
TAG TC chair