Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Exit Criteria Proposal

[strange: didn't get Ashok's email, but got Eric's reply and see it in
the archives]

I think we ought to have the exit criteria where the two (or more)
implementations are conformant therefore each implementation implements
*all* the mandatory normative statements. That is what the spec is
asking the implementers to do and the whole idea of the exit criteria is
to ensure that what we have asked the implementers to do is
implementable, reasonable, and not an ivory-tower experiment. Sometimes,
two features when implemented together make things very difficult or
result in conflicts, or creates issues that don't occur in isolation --
and we should know that

There are two more facets of the exit criteria that we are not included
here:

1) What about optional normative statements:
Granted the Assembly spec does not have this facet any more since
everything is mandatory. Not sure that is true of all other spec.
Specifically the policy spec. Whatever we decide here will be picked up
by other TCs.

2) What evidence is the TC going to accept to satisfy itself that two
(or more) implementations do in fact implement the spec? The last time
this was discussed, there was a notion that we ought to ask the
implementations to run out tests. I believe this is the biggest
contentious facet of the exit criteria given the differing views amongst
the TC members.