Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Exit Criteria Proposal - updated

Folks,

Curious, the differing interpretations of language.

It was certainly my intention to capture the notion that there must be 2 SCA runtimes EACH OF WHICH conforms to
all the normative statements in the Assembly spec.  Given that my actual wording confused folks, then perhaps I
need to tweak the words:

"The Concrete Exit Criteria for the SCA Assembly V1.1 specification are that
there shall be at least 2 independent SCA runtimes each of which are compliant
with each normative portion of the specification as described in Section
12.2 of the SCA Assembly V1.1 specification"

I think that this should make it clear what is required.

I also think that we should not try to extend the exit criteria beyond this, since I believe that we can agree on this
formulation, but that adding anything more is likely to lead to unproductive conflict.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)