Subject: Prelim minutes of 10/04 Teleconference

Prelim minutes attached.  Please send any corrections to list  before
Monday, so Chair can post to the server.

Tom Rutt

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133

Title: Preliminary Minutes of OASIS SCA-Bindings TC teleconference October 4, 2007
Preliminary Minutes of OASIS SCA-Bindings TC teleconference October 4, 2007

Meeting held from 12PM – 1PM Thursday, October 4.

Textual conventions

Ø Action Item

Motion

§    Resolution

1         Opening

Introductions

Simon acted as chair of meeting

Roll call

Meeting Attendees

Name

Company

Status

Owen Williams

Avaya, Inc.

Group Member

Michael Rowley

BEA Systems, Inc.

Group Member

Tom Rutt

Fujitsu Limited*

Group Member

Bryan Aupperle

IBM

Group Member

Michael Beisiegel

IBM

Group Member

David Booz

IBM

Group Member

Mike Edwards

IBM

Group Member

Simon Holdsworth

IBM

Group Member

Piotr Przybylski

IBM

Group Member

Martin Chapman

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Uday Joshi

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Khanderao Kand

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Anish Karmarkar

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Jeff Mischkinsky

Oracle Corporation

Group Member

Henning Blohm

SAP AG*

Group Member

Sanjay Patil

SAP AG*

Group Member

Peter Peshev

SAP AG*

Group Member

Prasad Yendluri

Software AG, Inc.*

Group Member

Laurent Domenech

TIBCO Software Inc.

Group Member

Nimish Hathalia

TIBCO Software Inc.

Group Member

Eric Johnson

TIBCO Software Inc.

Group Member

Meeting Quorate

Scribe assignment

Top 10 on the scribe list (full list below):

Dale Moberg Axway Software

Reza Shafii BEA Systems, Inc.

William Barnhill Booz Allen Hamilton

Jeff Anderson Deloitte Consulting LLP

Jacques Durand Fujitsu Limited

Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited

Michael Beisiegel IBM

David Booz IBM

Jean-Sebastien Delfino IBM

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes for this call

Agenda bashing

No changes to proposed agenda

2         Approval of minutes of SCA-Binding TC meeting of 27th September

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200709/msg00035.html

Jeff moved, Bryan Seconded to accept the minutes.

Martin: Minutes need to include roll call.  I am happy to approve subject to the attendance being reported.

Chair agreed to add attendance list from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/event.php?event_id=16166&day=1190887200 to the minutes and repost.

§    No objection to accept minutes with attendance to be posted.

3         Actions

Action:[Martin] Post cleaned up Issues Process presentation.

Closed

Action:[Editors] a new section be inserted before appendices on conformance.

Open

Action:[Sanjay] Resolve the URL/namespace issue with Steering Comm./OASIS staff.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200710/msg00000.html

Closed - response posted by Sanjay.

Sanjay: Version 1.1 is the one to be worked on by this TC.

Sanjay moved to make our version 1.1 as recommended by steering committee, seconded by Martin.

Steering Committee guidance is that it will be a collective decision to move up to a new common version level, based on incompatibility concerns.

§    No objection, agreed to use Version 1.1 as initial version of specs.

Sanjay: another concern is the naming convention for URLs.  One difference is our need to use the Member Committee name, rather than TC name for tcShortName URL format.  We also should use year and month rather than version in any namespace URL.  Also I recommend we make the namespace URI de-referencable, with a RDDL 2.0 document at that location (describing the name space schemas and other references.

Anish: It makes sense to use the open CSA prefix even for namespaces particular to a given TC.

Sanjay: I suggest we wait until after the steering committee reviews my contribution.

Agreed to add agenda item for next week’s call.

4         Issues Process update

- discuss the SCA Bindings Issue tracking on JIRA

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS

Announcement of approval:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200710/msg00004.html

Discussion of need to formally adopt issues process.

Mike Rowley: the slide set did not make it clear what the subject line should be on a proposed issue.

Michael Rowley: RE: [sca-bindings] ISSUE 1 - the title of the issue

No issues across TC.  The subject line will include the TC name if sent thru the list server.

Agreed there is no need to include the TC name in the subject after the automatic name.

Eric moved to accept proposals for Issues process, Martin seconded.

Discussion on giving tc editors leeway to propose minor changes to issue proposal format as time goes on.

§    No objections, issues process accepted.

4.1      Version number for SCA Bindings specifications

- as recommended by the Open CSA Steering Committee

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200710/msg00003.htm l

"The Steering Committee (SC) recommends to each SCA Technical Committee

that a single coordinated version number should be implemented across

all target deliverable specifications. The SC further recommends that

the current assumed version number should be Version "1.1", but the TCs

could consider a future coordinated change to "V2.0" should technical

content (for example compatibility issues) make that reasonable."

Agreed during action item discussion.

5         Use of RFC 2119 in the SCA Bindings specifications

- as recommended by the Open CSA Steering Committee:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/200710/msg00003.html

Issue 2: Use of RFC 2119 keywords in the spec

The Steering Committee (SC) recommends to each SCA Technical Committee to use the RFC 2119 keywords along with the following restrictions in their specifications:

a) All RFC 2119 keywords will be of the uppercase form (for example, RFC 2119 keywords MUST be capitalized)

b) Use of lower-case 2119 keywords will not be used in the spec. When the use of 2119 keyword is needed, without having the implications wrt conformance, a suitable synonym will be found.

c) RFC 2119 defines keywords that are synonyms of each other. For example 'SHALL' and 'MUST' mean the same thing. The TC should not use multiple forms to mean the same. Therefore the TC should use 'MUST' instead of 'SHALL' and 'MUST NOT' instead of 'SHALL NOT' through out the spec.

As, by definition, these "Liaision Issues" afftect all SCA TCs, I am forwarding the SC response to each TC mailing list.

Graham Barber

On behalf of the Open CSA Member Section Steering Committee.

Eric moved to accept the RFC 2119 proposal for steering committee, Martin seconded.

§    No objections, to accept steering committee recommendation on RFC 2119.

6         New Issues

Suggested we go thru each new issue, asking for any concerns, before asking for formal motion to accept.

Martin also suggested the issues list have link to the originating email for the issue.

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-1

JMS binding, definition of headers

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-2

Callback support over the Web Service binding

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-3

portType referred to inconsistently throughout specification

§    No objections to accepting all three issues Bindings 1 thru 3, moving them to open status.

7         AOB

None