Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Groups - SCA Bindings Telecon modified

Hi Michael,

Michael Rowley wrote:

> I believe that the extra effort to publish PDFs for each draft should
> only be used if some TC members run into problems with the more
> straight-forward approach of using Word with line numbers in the document.

My first problem is that I've yet to find Word running on Linux, so I'm
subject to the compatibility between OpenOffice and the version of MS
Word everyone else is using.  The second problem I see is that if we use
any fonts that happen to be missing on someone's machine, or have subtle
configuration changes in font settings, or a slightly different version
of MS Word, even from Windows, references to line numbers might be
incorrect.  Pushing the point further, since the email list is public,
I'm not sure whether we should be satisfied if Word just happens to be
good enough for the members of the TC, since observers will be on
different platforms.

In the end I would be grateful if the editors would provide both
formats, so that we could pass around commentaries in marked-up Word
documents, but for issues, we would have an authoritative reference just
to avoid possible confusion.  However, I can certainly live with it if
we don't get the PDF format.

-Eric.