Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Problem with applying resolution of issue BINDINGS-47

Simon, These changes are reflected in CD01-rev1 that you just posted, right? Those changes looked ok to me.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Simon Holdsworth ---10/17/2008 05:06:21 AM---Folks, When applying the resolution to issue BINDINGS-47Simon Holdsworth ---10/17/2008 05:06:21 AM---Folks, When applying the resolution to issue BINDINGS-47 I discovered that we

Simon Holdsworth <simon_holdsworth@uk.ibm.com>

sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org

10/17/2008 05:06 AM

[sca-bindings] Problem with applying resolution of issue BINDINGS-47

Folks,

When applying the resolution to issue BINDINGS-47 I discovered that we already talk about setting the "scaOperationName" in the operation selection section. Given that operation selection is not about creating messages, I think that the following sentence should be removed from the operation selection section:

When sending a request from a reference, or a callback from a service, if the interface includes more than one operation then the “scaOperationName” JMS user property is set to the name of the operation being invoked.

Also, this text indicates that the scaOperationName property is only set when there is more than one operation in the interface. To preserve this behaviour, the updated text in the data binding section should read:

When sending request messages, if there is a single parameter and the interface includes more than one operation, the SCA runtime MUST set the JMS user property "scaOperationName" to the name of the operation being invoked.

I intend to make this an editorial change unless anyone objects in which case we'll need to handle this with a new issue.

Regards, Simon

Simon Holdsworth
STSM, SCA Bindings Architect; Master Inventor; OASIS SCA Bindings TC Chair
MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley Park, Winchester SO21 2JN, UK
Tel +44-1962-815059 (Internal 245059) Fax +44-1962-816898
Internet - Simon_Holdsworth@uk.ibm.com