Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] ISSUE-49: UPA in web service binding withEndpointReference

Folks,

This reminds me of the the old song "there's a hole in my bucket"...

...which ends up where it started...

;-)

The reason that sca:EndpointReference works when wsa:EndpointReference does not is
simply that the extension point <any /> has @namespace="##other", which says that any
extension elements must come from a namespace OTHER than the SCA namespace.

The crucial difference between sca:EndpointReference and wsa:EndpointReference is that
sca:EndpointReference is from the SCA namespace and thus CANNOT be mistaken for any
element that would qualify as an <any/> - hence changing to sca:EndpointReference from
wsa:EndpointReference solves the UPA problem while retaining the extensibility called for...

PS The version of "There's a hole in my bucket..." with Harry Belafonte from the 1960's is
especially good.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com