Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implement SCAcallbacks using SOAP

I appreciate the work you've done here Anish. In no way do I mean to diminish your work.

But I feel the need to point out, again, that I think this work goes beyond what our charter allows in that it is defining a protocol. Your observation that this is a WS-Callback spec makes my point. A WS-Callback spec is exactly the right way to address the issue. It's just out of our scope.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Anish Karmarkar ---10/29/2008 07:58:40 PM---I forgot to mention that when this proposal is combined wAnish Karmarkar ---10/29/2008 07:58:40 PM---I forgot to mention that when this proposal is combined with Mike's idea of defining a WSDL extensi

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

10/29/2008 07:58 PM

Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implement SCA callbacks using SOAP

I forgot to mention that when this proposal is combined with Mike's idea
of defining a WSDL extension to indicate the callback interface (similar
to the @Callback Java annotation), what we have is a WS-Callback
specification (I know, yet another WS-Splat spec). Such a spec could be
a stand-alone spec independent of SCA and would result in non-SCA
systems being able to talk to SCA services that offer bi-directional
interfaces.