Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implement SCAcallbacks using SOAP

Folks,

I believe that what we previously decided regarding these descriptions of how to implement specific
capabilities of SCA using a given binding is that they would form non-normative examples in an
appendix in the relevant bindings specification.

So, the idea is that a proposal like Anish's would be ONE way of doing callbacks with SCA over web
services (SOAP), but would not rule out other ways of doing it.  What it would show is that:

a) there IS a way to implement the callback capability over web services

b) the example will encourage implementers to provide callback in this way and if so, then it would give
a way to improve interoperability - if both ends implement according to the example, they should interoperate.

As for the @callback annotation for WSDL - the main purpose is for SCA usage (to provide the same capability
that we have in Java interfaces with the @callback annotation) - but of course if a WSDL with such an annotation
is encountered by a non-SCA web services client, that client can choose to interpret it in the way that SCA defines....

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com