Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implement SCAcallbacks using SOAP

Thanks again Anish. I still don't buy your argument about charter scope WRT normative text, but we can put that aside for a moment.

Is the following allowed given your proposal? I think it is, just want to check. The S messages in your examples look too much like traditional responses, something which we need to be sensitive to. And in case anyone asks, R is not multi-threaded.

R invokes YouRIt(). Let's call this invocation R4 and it sets the callback address to RC3.
R invokes YouRIt(). Let's call this invocation R5 and it sets the callback address to RC3.
S then calls NoYouRIt(): S6.

R4:

<soap:Envelope ...>
<soap:Header>

<wsa:From>
<wsa:Address>
http://example.com/callback-yetanother</wsa:Address>
<wsa:ReferenceProperties>
<myNS:SomeID>3</myNS:SomeID>
</wsa:ReferenceProperties>
</wsa:From>

<wsa:MessageID>
urn:uuid:f81d4fae-10dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6</wsa:messageID>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

R5:

<soap:Envelope ...>
<soap:Header>

<wsa:From>
<wsa:Address>
http://example.com/callback-yetanother</wsa:Address>
<wsa:ReferenceProperties>
<myNS:SomeID>3</myNS:SomeID>
</wsa:ReferenceProperties>
</wsa:From>

<wsa:MessageID>
urn:uuid:f81d4fae-11dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6</wsa:messageID>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

S6:

<soap:Envelope ...>
<soap:Header>

<wsa:To>
http://example.com/callback-yetanother</wsa:To>
<myNS:SomeID>3</myNS:SomeID>

<wsa:RelatesTo RelationshipType=
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/callback">
urn:uuid:f81d4fae-10dec-11d0-a765-00a0c91e6bf6
</wsa:RelatesTo>
</soap:Header>
<soap:Body>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Anish Karmarkar ---10/29/2008 07:51:53 PM---Attached. I have converted the HTML version to Word, so tAnish Karmarkar ---10/29/2008 07:51:53 PM---Attached. I have converted the HTML version to Word, so that it is easy for folks

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

10/29/2008 07:51 PM

[sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implement SCA callbacks using SOAP

Attached.
I have converted the HTML version to Word, so that it is easy for folks
to comment and make inline changes.

The big change between v2 and v3 is the addition of faults. My initial
inclination was to define our own faults, but it turns out WS-Addressing
has some pre-defined faults which fit our purpose. So, I have reused
those faults.

One thing I'm not clear on is whether the TC wishes to define this
SOAP-specific callback mechanism as *one* of the ways callbacks can be
implemented when using SOAP or *the* way callbacks are implemented when
using SOAP. My inclination is to say *the* way, otherwise we have to
invent ways (metadata such as policySets, ws-policy assertion, WSDL
extension, Java annotation) to convey when it is required.

Comments?

(See attached file: SCA-bindings-issue2-proposal-v3.doc)---------------------------------------------------------------------