Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] [Issue 2] Proposal version 3: How to implementSCA callbacks using SOAP

Mike Edwards wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I believe that what we previously decided regarding these descriptions
> of how to implement specific
> capabilities of SCA using a given binding is that they would form
> non-normative examples in an
> appendix in the relevant bindings specification.
I cannot see how Anish's proposal for implementing SCA callbacks using
Soap and Ws Addressing
can work if it is only a non-normative example.

The proposal includes the following text:
"
The wsa:RelatesTo SOAP header block MUST have the relationship type
value of "http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/ws/callback";
and the related message id is the wsa:MessageID of the message from
which the Callback EPR was obtained.
"

This text registers a special value to use within the wsa:relatesTo
element.   To Register this
special value requires it to be included in a normative part of the spec.

I like Anish's proposal, and do not see another way to do it with ws
addresssing in use.

I think a better Idea is to have the text be in a normative part of the
spec, but be considered an
optional compliance point which can be asserted by an implementation,
when sca is bound to wsdl/soap with ws addressing in this manner.

Tom Rutt