Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Review comments for binding.ws RFC2119

Dave,

Thanks for the comments. Rev3 addresses most of your comments. Comments
that are *not* addressed are below:

 > [DB5] Why pick out just one flavor?

This is called out specifically because it used to be a popular style
but is not supported by SCA configuration.

 >[DAB11]  non-required here is meant in the structural sense, but does a
 > compliant impl have to support it to be compliant?  I have the same q
 > for almost all the non-required and MAY items. Is that a separate
 > piece of work?

Yes, a compliant impl must support it to be compliant. See if the new
wordings work for you.

 >[DAB14] Does a compliant ws binding have to support interface.wsdl? I
 >hope yes, but where is it stated?  Probably in assembly, but we should
 >call it out.  Also, I didn’t see anything about WSDL 1.1 or WSDL 2.0.

I think this is a separate issue.
I don't think of ws binding as supporting interface.wsdl -- sort of out
of scope. An SCA runtime does or doesn't support interface.wsdl
independent of binding.ws.

 >[DAB16]  Are there rules in the WSDL spec or WS-I that describe whether
 >extensions can be ignored or not?  If so, I think we want to be inline
 >with those rules and we should refer to them here.

Yes, wsdl has a @wsdl:required for elements that specifies if the
extensions can be ignored or not. For attribute extensions, you are on
your own. But I'm not sure about repeating these rules here.

You had questions about normative-ness of the WSDL generation section.
IIRC, we decide that it was not a MUST. Bryan also had questions
regarding this. It would be worthwhile to discuss this on the call.