Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] ISSUE-55 WSDL 2.0 support

Logged as http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-55

-Eric.

Bryan Aupperle wrote:
OF3AE0E837.25216C0C-ON85257507.006EC270-85257507.007002AE@us.ibm.com" type="cite">
TARGET: WS, specification (CD01-Rev3: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bindings/download.php/30115/sca-binding-ws-1.1-spec-cd01-rev3.doc)

The Assembly TC has restricted the interface.wsdl to WSDL 1.1 for the SCA 1.1 specs.  There are places in the WS-Binding spec (e.g. lines 92-97) which imply that WSDL 2.0 is supported.  We need to decide if WSDL 2.0 is supported and if not remove the appropriate text.

PROPOSAL:

WSDL 2.0 is not widely adopted at this time.  We should not provide support for it in this version of the spec.  This would mean removing it from the normative references in section 1.1, removing lines 92-97 and potentially lines 112 - 119 (with corresponding schema/pseudo-schema changes).

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com