Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 2: proposal (v7) - an update

Two questions:

1) why does the text refer specifically to the was:From header block (as opposed to [source endpoint]) in 1) 1), but then refers to [reply endpoint] (as opposed to the was:ReplyTo header block) in 1) 2) ?

2) There is an intent in the policy spec called noListener that can be used on a reference to indicate:

2581 ... This intent can only be used within the @requires attribute of a reference. The
2582 noListener intent MUST only be declared on a @requires attribute of a reference. [POL100004] It
2583 states that the client is not able to handle new inbound connections. It requires that the
2584 binding and callback binding be configured so that any response (or callback) comes either
2585 through a back channel of the connection from the client to the server or by having the
2586 client poll the server for messages. When noListener is present, an SCA Runtime MUST not
2587 establish any connection from a service to a client. [POL100005] An example policy assertion that
2588 would guarantee this is a WS-Policy assertion that applies to the <binding.ws> binding,
2589 which requires the use of WS-Addressing with anonymous responses (e.g.
2590 <wsaw:Anonymous>required</wsaw:Anonymous>” – see
2591 http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-addr-wsdl/#anonelement).

Anish's proposal is in conflict with this feature as it disallows a back channel callback. Anish, how would you like to resolve this conflict? It's too bad that we don't have a way in the policy spec to indicate that a bindingType doesn't support a particular intent. :-)

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Mike Edwards ---02/11/2009 05:27:12 AM---Anish, Thanks for doing this.Mike Edwards ---02/11/2009 05:27:12 AM---Anish, Thanks for doing this.

Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>

OASIS Bindings <sca-bindings@lists.oasis-open.org>

02/11/2009 05:27 AM

Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 2: proposal (v7) - an update

Anish,

Thanks for doing this.

I've created an update based on your version which gives this way of doing callbacks a name,
expresses the optionality and makes some tweaks to the wording of the normative statements
that I hope makes things clearer. There are some inline comments plus one question....

Yours, Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014 Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email: mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com