Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 2: policy assertion proposal v1

Simon Nash wrote:
> Mike Edwards wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> We've been down this road before.
>>
>> I'll be voting against the creation of a separate specification for
>> this under the stewardship of
>> any of the SCA TCs.
>>
> I will as well.  I was very surprised to see this up for discussion
> again.

It isn't.

<rant>
But as a proposer, I'm allowed to send the proposal in any format I
want, I hope. I used the format to demonstrate IMHO the absurdness (it
is too difficult, we want to slide this in without catching the
attention of the WS-* community even though this isn't about SCA it is
about things on the edge of the domain IOW interop, we want to stick our
collective head in the sand, although we want a WS-* spec we are not
going to call it as such, etc) of the TC decision.
</rant>

I may resurrect the particular issue, if/when the assertion and the wsdl
extension is accepted -- as that would be new information. As of now, I
don't believe I have any standing to resurrect this, since I was on the
losing side (not sure if this rule applies to the same meeting or
different meetings, but regardless, if the losing side keeps raising the
same issue again and again without new info, the TC can't make progress).