Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 2: proposal v11

Eric Johnson wrote:
> There's one point that I tripped on.  At the very end, with the example
> using "WS-MakeConnection", you say:
>
> "3) Callback request message (from the service to the reference) sent as
> a “response” to MakeConnection" - Doesn't it need to be simply "callback
> message (from the ..." - I don't see an opportunity for a
> request/response exchange here."

The reason "response" is in quotes is because this would be a response
at the transport/transfer protocol level. When using HTTP, the
MakeConnection SOAP messages is sent with the HTTP request, the SCA
callback request message is sent back on the HTTP response.

> Do we need to flag, at the first introduction of WS-MakeConnection, that
> it can only be used for one-way operations on the callback interface?

It can be used with a WSDL req-response operation on the callback
interface. This is similar to how WSDL req-res operation works when the
wsa:ReplyTo is non-anonymous. In the case of req-res SCA callback
operation, the message exchange will consists of 2 separate HTTP
connection as follows:

1.1) Reference --> [HTTP req msg + MC] --> Service
1.2) Reference <-- [HTTP res msg + callback req] <-- Service

2.1) Reference --> [HTTP req msg + callback res] --> Service
2.2) Reference <-- [HTTP res msg (2xx) + empty entity body] <-- Service