Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 2: proposal v11

See comments inline.

   Simon

Anish Karmarkar wrote:
> Eric Johnson wrote:
>> There's one point that I tripped on.  At the very end, with the example
>> using "WS-MakeConnection", you say:
>>
>> "3) Callback request message (from the service to the reference) sent as
>> a “response” to MakeConnection" - Doesn't it need to be simply "callback
>> message (from the ..." - I don't see an opportunity for a
>> request/response exchange here."
>>

> The reason "response" is in quotes is because this would be a response
> at the transport/transfer protocol level. When using HTTP, the
> MakeConnection SOAP messages is sent with the HTTP request, the SCA
> callback request message is sent back on the HTTP response.
>
>> Do we need to flag, at the first introduction of WS-MakeConnection, that
>> it can only be used for one-way operations on the callback interface?
>>

> It can be used with a WSDL req-response operation on the callback
> interface. This is similar to how WSDL req-res operation works when the
> wsa:ReplyTo is non-anonymous. In the case of req-res SCA callback
> operation, the message exchange will consists of 2 separate HTTP
> connection as follows:
>
> 1.1) Reference --> [HTTP req msg + MC] --> Service
> 1.2) Reference <-- [HTTP res msg + callback req] <-- Service
>
> 2.1) Reference --> [HTTP req msg + callback res] --> Service

How does the service know that this message contains a callback response
rather than a new service request?

> 2.2) Reference <-- [HTTP res msg (2xx) + empty entity body] <-- Service

What if the original service request is request/response?  This messsage
would need to carry the response to that request, not an empty entity body.
Is this possible?

Another possibility is that the service sends a second callback request.
I presume this is OK, and that it would be addressed to the same
MC endpoint as the first callback request.

To clarify what happens for all these cases, I think we need to add some
interaction flow diagrams (similar to the above) for all the one-way and
req-res combinations.

   Simon