Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Suggested documentation standards for SCA specificationdocuments

Simon Holdsworth wrote:

> Folks, following some review comments from the bindings specs, I'd like
> to propose some high-level standard formatting that all our SCA specs
> follow - we're not currently very consistent across or within documents.
>  There would be more details if we want complete consistency, but the
> following is a start to test people's reactions, and consistency on
> these would go a long way to a common look and feel.  Copying to
> bindings and assembly for initial reactions, and those are the specs
> I've looked at in this regard.
>
> If this is something we should not be worrying about until later in the
> publication cycle, feel free to ignore for now...
>
> Normal text ("Normal")
>
> Arial 10pt, align left, before 4pt after 4pt, line spacing single,
> indentation 0

There has been a lot of cut-and-paste from various places that has
resulted in "contamination". I would like to suggest that for this and
some of the other problem areas we go back to the OASIS template and use
  the recommended style/font/indentation/etc and apply it consistently.

> Currently used by JMS and JCA and Assembly up to section 3 and section
> 12 onwards;  WS and Assembly section 3 to section 11 use:  Verdana,
> align left, before 0pt after 6pt, line spacing single, indentation 0.63.
>  Exceptions within Assembly (Section 10.4 uses Arial, not Verdana,
> Section 11 varies per paragraph)
> Assembly also inconsistent in indent (section 7.6, WSDL Interface Type,
> section 10.4  has no indent, most other text is 0.63 indent)
>
> XML, code examples ("Code"):
>
> Courier New 9pt, align left, before 0pt after 0pt, line spacing single,
> indentation 0.76 right and left, grey background; attributes names in
> purple (127,0,127), constants in blue (42,0,255), /<, > and /> in
> green,/ other text in black.   Indentation using 3 spaces per level, no
> tabs
>
> Currently used by JMS and JCA;  WS uses:  indentation 0.63 left, 0.76
> right; Assembly uses Courier New 10pt, white background
>
> External references use full reference name plus tag:
>
> name of external reference [tag]   for example SCA Assembly
> Specification [SCA-Assembly].  The name and tag should both be
> hyperlinked to the appropriate line in the reference section
>
> Reference to elements and attributes in a schema or instance use Courier
> New 10pt, and include "attribute" or "element":
>
> the service* *element;   the @uri attribute;   the
> inboundConnection/resourceAdapter element

+1
I would also suggest that for literals we also use the same font, but
use double quotes around the values.