Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] bindings xsd files, RDDL file update, diff files

Simon Holdsworth wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Some questions about the cd03 packages:
>
> XSD availability
>
> In the Assembly CD03 package, the bindings xsd files are named:
>
> sca-binding-jca-1.1-cd02.xsd
> sca-binding-jms-1.1-cd02.xsd
> sca-binding-ws-1.1-cd02.xsd
>
> Within the binding cd03 spec documents,we refer to these schema without
> the -1.1-cd02 suffix (or indeed, -1.1-cd03). I assume that's OK and
> that's what Assembly does, although I think the title of the XML schema
> appendix would be more accurately named to include the -1.1 suffix, ie.
> "sca-binding-XXX-1.1.xsd"

Yes, more accurate that way.
We can fix this post PR. Can you record an AI so this doesn't get
dropped. This needs to happen in all the TCs that define schemas.

> Within the Assembly CD03 package, the RDDL file references these three
> bindings xsd files, however when I look at
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903, the HTML file does not
> include links to  any bindings XSD files except for binding.sca;  those
> that it does reference are qualifed with -1.1-cd03.  Note that the
> following URL does work:
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/sca-binding-ws-1.1-cd02.xsd,
> although its not linked from the RDDL file.
>
> So, as part of the publication of the bindings specs, I believe we need
> to ensure that:
>
> 1) The binding spec packages include .xsd files extracted from the
> documents and renamed to -1.1-cd03.xsd (these already refer to the cd03
> assembly namespace and core xsd file)
> 2) These xsd files are made available at
>  http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-assembly/
> 3) The RDDL file at http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903 is
> updated to include these three .xsd files
>
> Is this something that we can do purely from the bindings group, or do
> we need the Assembly TC to agree/action this?

In the case of other TCs, once everything is packages up, a request was
sent to the Assembly TC for this update and as MikeE mentioned the
Assembly TC is very accommodating with such requests. A simple motion in
Assembly would do it. We do need to provide Assembly with a new RDDL file.

> cd02 diff files:
>
> The assembly cd03 package includes a cd02-cd03-diff file for .doc, .html
> and .pdf, however those files are not available on docs.oasis-open.org.
>  I assume these are in the package for the TC's convenience, I'll
> include that in the bindings packages.
>
> Previous version links:
>
> I notice that assembly cd03 refers to the previous version by pointing
> at the Assembly TC document store, not to docs.oasis-open.org.  I assume
> that's because cd02 was never formally published.  Currently the
> bindings specs have previous version set to cd01, which was published.
>  Should we be pointing at the unpublished cd02 from the binding specs
> via the document store, or just leave as is pointing at cd01?

 From what I remember happened in the assembly TC: the TC explicitly
decided to link to the previous version regardless of whether the link
was in docs.oasis-open.org or the TC repo (as long as the link was
public, which it is).