Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] BINDINGS-118: BWS40005 is ambiguous

On 2/10/2010 6:02 PM, Eric Johnson wrote:
> All right, now that it is logged, I can be first to comment....
>
> This seems obvious to me, and potentially easy to over specify.  The
> introductory paragraph to section 4 already spells out possibilities.
> Do the possibilities need to be specified as part of the normative
> statement?

Not necessary to inline it, we could just point to it. The problem I
have with the text in section 4 is that it doesn't say that it is an
exhaustive list. We are talking about what the runtime MUST do in 40005.
The current wordings in section 4 leave enough wiggle room for vendors
to create extensions outside the lines that we draw for vendor
extensions and get away with it. For example, what if a vendor had a
proprietary side file/configuration file that contained default
transport details (which were different than what is in 4.2) and no
extension in the <binding.ws> element.