Subject: Re: [sca-bindings] Issue 126: proposal to add support for ws-addr (v1)

Folks,

I'd first like to thank Anish for the work he has done on the proposal document.

However, after thinking more about this issue and discussing it within IBM, I have reached the
conclusion that there is not much point in requiring support of WS-Policy without having some
concrete policies that are required to be supported by any binding.ws implementation.

I'm afraid that I don't think that the WS-Addressing assertion or the WS-Callback assertion
qualify.  I believe that both are optional.

As a result, at the moment, I see no concrete assertions which force the requirement to support WS-Policy.

I think that we should Close with No Action Issue 126 and bring something like it back in the future
if we ever decide to add mandatory support for one or more assertions (eg security related assertions).

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com