Subject: Raw chat log of 2011-03-17 call

Simon Holdsworth: Audio conference *UPDATED 10th Jan 2011*

Participant Code: 7059536

USA Toll-Free 888-426-6840 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
888-426-6840      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
USA Caller Paid 215-861-6239 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
   215-861-6239      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
UNITED KINGDOM Toll-Free 0800-368-0638 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
             0800-368-0638      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
UNITED KINGDOM Caller Paid 0-20-30596451 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
              0-20-30596451      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Ireland Toll-Free 1-800-943-427
Ireland Caller Paid 0-1-5264424 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
      0-1-5264424      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Bulgaria Toll-Free 00800-117-4514

Other access codes can be found at:
https://www.teleconference.att.com/servlet/glbAccess?process=1&accessCode=7059536&accessNumber=02030596451

Simon Holdsworth: Agenda

Simon Holdsworth: 1. Opening

Introductions

Scribe assignment

Top of the scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
David Booz IBM
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Bryan Aupperle IBM
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 10 March:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41418/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-03-10.doc

3. Actions

20110310-01 [Simon Holdsworth] Prepare a version of the JMS Testcase
document with the test assertions as an appendix
20110310-02 [Simon Holdsworth] Prepare a version of the Web services
testcase document with the test assertions as an appendix
20110310-03 [Editors] Make the change to the JMS spec doc + Testcases
doc described in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00007.html

4. New Issues

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-149
There's no linkage between the JMS binding spec and the test cases document

5. Open Issues

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-142
Missing links to test artifacts (WS)
Owner: Editors
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00020.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-143
Missing links to test artifacts (JMS)
Owner: Editors

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-146
WS Binding Testcases document has no conformance section
Owner: Anish Karmarkar
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00020.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-147
Conformance Statement missing for the JMS Binding Assertions
Owner: Simon Holdsworth

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-148
Conformance Statement missing for the Web Services Binding Assertions
Owner: Simon Holdsworth

6. AOB

Mike Edwards: sorry - my wife's got the home phone at the moment

Mike Edwards: join in a couple of minutes

Simon Holdsworth: on proposal to 146, following reference to test suite:

Simon Holdsworth: The Test Suite artifacts relating to this document can
be found here:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/sca-wsbinding-1.1-testcases-cd01.zip

Simon Holdsworth: Currently 30% voting members present, need 3 more for
quorum

Mike Edwards: still waiting for wife to relinquish phone

anish: Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

anish: 40% of voting members in attendance

anish: not quorate

anish: Topic: AI review

anish: 20110310-01 [Simon Holdsworth] Prepare a version of the JMS
Testcase document with the test assertions as an appendix
20110310-02 [Simon Holdsworth] Prepare a version of the Web services
testcase document with the test assertions as an appendix
20110310-03 [Editors] Make the change to the JMS spec doc + Testcases
doc described in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00007.html

anish: 20110310-01 DONE

anish: 30110310-02 DONE

anish: s/3011/2011/

anish: 20110310-03 PENDING

anish: Review of proposals for open issues

anish: 1) Issue 142 is linked to 146

anish:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00015.html

anish: 2) Issue 143 is is JMS equivalent of 142

anish: 3) 146 is about the conformance section in the test case doc

anish: 1) Add related works link to zip file with a description

The Test Suite artifacts relating to this document can be found here:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/sca-wsbinding-1.1-testcases-cd01.zip

2) Replace conformance section with

The artifacts contained in the
http://docs.oasis-open.org/opencsa/sca-bindings/sca-wsbinding-1.1-testcases-cd01.zip
are considered to be authoritative and take precedence over the
artifacts described in this document.

This specification defines two targets for conformance:
a) WS Binding Testcases
b) Web Service Callback (WSCB) Testcases

An implementation that claims to conform to the requirements of the WS
Binding Testcases MUST be able to run all test cases in Section 2.1 and
Section 2.2, producing the 'Expected Output'.

An implementation that claims to conform to the WSCB Testcases MUST be
able to run all tests in Section 2.3, producing the 'Expected Output' of
each test case.

anish: Simon: would prefer a normative reference instead of an HTTP URL

anish: Mike: the alternative is to include the zip file URL in the
normative reference section, which is messy

anish: Simon: happy to just use the file name in the conformance section
and we already have the URL in the related works section

Simon Holdsworth: Replace that URL with sca-wsbinding-1.1-testcases.zip

anish: ... and the file name would not have 'cd01' in it. The latest
version should be sufficient

anish: Mike: fine with it

anish: Anish: in other places we have been careful to point to specific
versions

anish: Simon: related works section would point to a specific zip file

anish: ... but the conformance section would point to the zip file in an
abstract way

anish: ... in the JMS binding when we refer to the XSD file we do it in
a similar way

anish: Topic: issues 147 and 148

anish: Simon: this is about the TAs. The proposal is to merge it with
TCs. I have a proposal for this. Comments received on the poposal.

anish: ... JMS binding TA, we have cut and pasted the normative
statements. With the merge, this is no longer necessary. No other TAs do
that.

anish: ... was considered to be an interim steps

anish: s/steps/step/

anish: ... I would like to remove them and product an updated proposal

anish: Simon: for the WS TA doc there are comments that should be removed

anish: Anish: those comments were for the TC and should be removed
before publication

anish: ACTION: go through Simon's proposal for WS binding TA/TC and see
if all the comments in the TAs have been addressed

anish: Mike: going through the comments, some of them are instructions
to the TC writer, whereas others are potentially issues and should be
raised as such

anish: ... and a whole set of blank comments

anish: Simon: the initial step would be to check that I got the right
version of the TA doc for the merge

anish: ... but fairly certain that I did

anish: Topic: new issues

anish: Simon: one new issue, JMS version of a WS binding issue

anish: Simon: do we need a JMS equivalent of issue 146

anish: ACTION: file a new JMS equivalent of issue 146

anish: Simon: since we are not quorate, can't do more.

anish: Simon: AOB?

anish: no AOB

anish: Meeting adjurned

anish: s/adjurned/adjourned/