Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 2 - Does the spec allow a componentType side file?

Anish,

1) I think that the proposal needs to define the name and location of the file for a given BPEL implementation.

See line 447 of Assembly spec.

2) The compatibility rules should really be defined by the Assembly spec.

Line 438 mentions compatibility without giving it a precise meaning.

I argue that the introspected information takes the form of a componentType element.
"compatibility" means that the introspected componentType information must not conflict
with the explicit componentType information - taken element by element, the information
must either be the same - or one set of information must be adding to the information in the
other set in such a way that a combined componentType is valid.

This should be added to the Assembly spec.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

18/10/2007 06:57

OASIS BPEL <sca-bpel@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 2 - Does the spec allow a componentType side file?

Proposed resolution:

In section 2, line 194 add --
It is also possible to have a component type file that is associated
with the BPEL component implementation. When such a component type file
is present, as specified in [SCA-Assembly], it provides component type
information in addition to what is found by introspection.

Do we need to define compatibility between what is found by
introspection and what is available in the side file?

Comments?

-Anish
--

Alex Yiu wrote:

> Issue entered:
> http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-2
>

> Anish Karmarkar wrote:
>> Title: Does the spec allow a componentType side file
>>
>> Target: BPEL C&I spec

>> is allowed. If it is allowed then it should override the default rules
>> specified in the spec.
>>
>> Proposal:
>> <none>

Unless stated otherwise above: