Subject: Re: [sca-bpel] Issue 2 - Does the spec allow a componentType sidefile?

Mike Edwards wrote:

> Anish,
>
> 1) I think that the proposal needs to define the name and location of
> the file for a given BPEL implementation.
>
> See line 447 of Assembly spec.

Not sure which version of assembly spec you are refering to, but I
assume you mean:
"A component type file has the same name as the implementation file but
has the extension “.componentType”. The component type is defined by a
componentType element in the file. The location of the component type
file depends on the type of the component implementation: it is
described in the respective client and implementation model
specification for the implementation type."

Per that, we wouldn't have to define the name but would have to specify
the location.

> 2) The compatibility rules should really be defined by the Assembly spec.
>
> Line 438 mentions compatibility without giving it a precise meaning.
>
> I argue that the introspected information takes the form of a
> componentType element.
> "compatibility" means that the introspected componentType information
> must not conflict
> with the explicit componentType information - taken element by element,
> the information
> must either be the same - or one set of information must be adding to
> the information in the
> other set in such a way that a combined componentType is valid.
>
> This should be added to the Assembly spec.

I completely agree. Would you like to raise an issue in the Assembly TC?

But there are potentially additional compatibility rules that can be
introduced by C&I. The componentType can be extended by the C&I and
therefore whether introspected information when added to the side file
is valid is not can be C&I dependent.

-Anish